HDL, Inc. Recognized as a Featured Wellness Program in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Fall Newsletter
Company highlighted as best-in-class workplace wellness program
RICHMOND, VA (October 7, 2014) – Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc.’s innovative workplace wellness program was featured in the fall newsletter of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and highlighted the company’s outcomes-based approach to employee wellness. Download the full newsletter here; the HDL, Inc. article begins on page 8.
The design of the HDL, Inc. employee wellness program includes three basic parts: risk identification with comprehensive laboratory testing, engagement and health improvement, and follow-up screenings and outcomes. HDL, Inc. believes that employee engagement is the key to a successful wellness program, the newsletter notes. HDL, Inc. lives its mission, and all employees receive testing paired with health consulting as part of an incentivized wellness program that rewards participants with zero-premium health insurance.
- 99% of employees participated in the health insurance incentive program
- 71% of employees participated in an additional monetary incentive program
- 3% employee turnover rate
- 70% of participants showed weight loss, with an average loss of 2.5 lbs.
- 13% of participants lowered their risk for heart disease
- 2% lowered diabetes risk
- 23%: the average reduction in claims costs for HDL, Inc. patients, compared to a matched control
- Up to $2,115 per person per year: potential cost avoidance for HDL, Inc. program participants
- 2:1: estimated return on investment (ROI) after just one year of wellness programming
Dr. Joseph McConnell Recognized with Cooper Award from the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
Award given for outstanding contributions to service in the area of lipoproteins and vascular diseases