Passion – It Starts with the Heart
HDL, Inc. has a desire to impact its community–and not just by helping people manage their health. We are proud to support local, national, and international organizations such as the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, Special Olympics, Massey Cancer Center, Science Museum of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University athletic programs, and more.
We support our communities with charitable contributions, an employee matching gifts program, an active volunteer corps and serving as leaders in various philanthropic organizations. Our work is truly hands-on and results-oriented!
At HDL, Inc., we believe that business can be a powerful instrument for change. We insist on the highest standards for social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We feel there's something special about working at a company that's committed to positive change. That feeling starts in the heart and it stays with you.
To make a request for a charitable contribution, follow these directions:
Indicate your area of focus:
- Health and wellness
- Education, particularly in the sciences
- Community development
Attach a statement of request to include:
- Description of organization and its charitable mission
- Copy of U.S. Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c) (3) exemption letter and confirmation of organization's status as a public charity
- Tax identification number
- Specific description of the request, to include intended outcomes of the contribution
- Amount of charitable contribution; requests must be in response to a general fundraising effort and not solely directed to HDL, Inc.
Note that HDL, Inc. prefers to invest in philanthropy that changes the status quo vs. that which is operational in nature.
HDL, Inc. will not make charitable contributions to:
- Organizations controlled by health care professionals or their family members
- Organizations, that as a usual part of their business, employ or compensate health care professionals, other than hospitals, universities or schools of medicine
- Situations where the contribution is earmarked to benefit a health care professional or family member
- Situations where a contribution could take into account past expected orders for HDL, Inc. services
Send your requests to:
Chief Culture Officer
Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc.
737 N. 5th Street, Suite 103
Richmond, VA 23219
Charitable contribution requests are considered on a quarterly basis.
CONNECT WITH US